North Carolina Attorney Mark A. Ward Helps With DMV License Suspension
North Carolina's Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) uses a point system to determine a motorist's driving privileges. When a person is convicted of a DWI, speeding ticket or other type of traffic offense, points are accumulated on his or her driver's license.
An accumulation of more than 12 points within three years will result in DMV license suspension. My law firm helps motorists with suspended and revoked driver's licenses obtain limited driving privileges. I also represent clients in driver's license restoration hearings.
If you have had your driver's license revoked by the DMV, I can help. Call my firm at 252-752-7529 to schedule your free consultation. Or, contact me by e-mail and I will be in touch with you promptly.
DMV License Suspension Due to a DWI Arrest or Conviction?
In North Carolina, the DMV suspends a person's license for 30 days upon arrest for DWI. After approximately 10 days, the person may become eligible for limited driving privileges.
If the individual is convicted of DWI, his or her driver's license is suspended and there is no eligibility for limited driving privileges. A third DWI conviction results in permanent suspension; after three years, the individual can request a restoration hearing.
As an experienced DWI defense lawyer, I fight DWI charges in order to help you maintain your driving privileges.
Do You Qualify for Limited Driving Privileges?
You may qualify for limited driving privileges if you meet the following criteria:
- You held a valid license at the time of your arrest
- You must obtain an alcohol assessment
- You must provide proof of insurance by obtaining a "Form DL-123" from your insurance agent
- Your license must be suspended for at least 10 days
- You must pay an application fee of $100
- You must clear up all indefinite driver's license suspensions
- You cannot have a DWI/DUI conviction on your record
- You will be required to refrain from committing any further offenses within certain time frames
If you have questions regarding DMV license suspension, contact me to schedule your free consultation.